ALIGNERS = invisible orthodonticsMarch 9, 2019
Metallic or ceramic brackets?May 9, 2019
The EpicX diode medical laser is the most recent innovation from the US-based manufacturer Biolase. It allows the performance of a wide range of minimally invasive treatments on the soft tissue in the mouth cavity.
And now, these treatments are also available in our dental practice. The treatments include:
- reduction of bacteria in the gingival sulcus or the areas subject to surgical interventions;
- treatment of periodontal pockets;
- desensitizing aphthous or herpes lesions;
- soft tissue procedures: gingivectomy, frenectomy, removal of papilloma, operculectomy, biopsy;
- implant uncovering;
- teeth desensitization;
- teeth whitening;
- sterilization of root canals in nerve removal treatments
- increased comfort for patients;
- less administered anesthetic required;
- has a biostimulating effect, reduces inflammation and postoperative edema;
- faster healing;
- increased comfort for patients
- little or no bleeding during treatment
- high precision and control
- reduced need for suture wires
Following the teeth whitening with the EpicX, Biolase laser, no dental sensitivity appears during or after the treatment, and the color may be up to 10 shades lighter, all in just 20 minutes!
Below, we provide examples of results following laser dental whitening:
Laser bacterial reduction or bacterial decontamination with the dentistry laser is a useful procedure for every patient, whether they have perfectly healthy gums or suffer from gingivitis or periodontal disease. Each person has bacteria present at the level of the gums, which can cause infections.