Prevents tooth decay
through correct brushing and
regular dental appointments.
Keep your smile healthy!
Dental prophylaxis is the simplest and cheapest method of dental treatment. It gathers under the name of dental prophylaxis all methods of preventing the illnesses of dental tissues. A precocious detection is the key to avoid complicated and costly treatments.
The main dental illnesses, the decays and the periodontal disease, have few symptoms in the early stages. It is easier to prevent than to treat. The patients cannot observe for themselves, in due time, if a dental illness appears or how severe it becomes.
That is why regular visits to your dentist are very important in order to find out and treat various dental diseases in the early stages and to prevent the appearance of others.
In our practice we offer the following preventive dental services:
- Periodic control – advisable to be done twice a year for adults and 3-4 times a year for children;
- Ultrasound scaling – at least twice a year;
- AAir flow and professional brushing – every 6 months;
- Fluoridation – prevents dental decay, mineralizes early lesions which are essential for children’s teeth and for wearers of fixed orthodontic appliances.
- Sealing of grooves – this prevents cavities; are indicated for children, to be applied on the newly erupted teeth, but also for adults on the morphologically sharp teeth, or in areas difficult to reach and clean, in order to prevent tooth decay.
- Guidance on dental hygiene, methods of effective brushing and the use of cleaning aids (dental floss, interdental toothbrushes, mouthwash).
In order for any dental work to resist as long as possible it is important to have proper, thorough and permanent oral hygiene. As with natural teeth, bacterial plaque accumulates in the dental work (crowns, bridges, veneers, prostheses). In order for any dental work to have a lifetime as great as possible, it is important to have proper, thorough and permanent oral hygiene. As with natural teeth, bacterial plaque accumulates in the dental work (crowns, bridges, facets, prostheses). It is mandatory to brush all teeth in the morning and evening and after each meal when possible.
In the evening at the level of interdental spaces, in addition to the toothbrush, dental floss or interdental brush is used when the gingival papilla is retracted. At the level of the deck body (tooth suspended above the gum where the tooth has been extracted), interdental brushes or superfloss (a special tooth thread) should be used.
Bleeding on the brush indicates an inflammation of the gums caused by the presence of the bacterial plaque. It is a normal phenomenon if you have neglected your dental hygiene for a while and accumulated dental deposition. This bleeding will disappear with rigorous hygiene.
Do not forget about professional hygiene (scraping, brushing, bicarbonate airflow). This is recommended once every 6 months, but it may also be needed more often, depending on your gums condition and the personal effectiveness of your own brushing.