Always enjoy your smile!
Beautiful smile, no matter the age
The dentures are mobile works which are made when there are no longer sufficient teeth on the arcade to support a fixed work. These replace the teeth and the gum around, as similar as possible to the initial situation, for you to continue to enjoy your smile and your favourite food also.
The benefits of a prosthetic work:
- Rehabilitation of the shape and function of the lost teeth;
- Special aesthetics of prosthetic works;
- The health of the marginal periodontal (the gum beside the prosthetic work);
- Facial physiognomy becomes significantly improved, the presence of teeth on gums supporting the cheeks better;
- Speech is no longer affected by the lack of teeth;
- Are well tolerated by the organism; do not render allergic reactions.
Types of fixed and mobile prosthetic works performed at our practice
- Prosthetic ceramic works on zirconium supporting structure;
- Integral ceramic crowns, Empress technique, InCeram, Feldspathic Ceramic;
- Cermet prosthetic works –with ceramic edge;
- Noritake prosthetic cermet works;
- Prosthetic works on implants;
- Scheletic dentures –with special systems
- Mobile dentures.
Advice and recommendations for those who only started wearing dentures
- Accommodating to new dentures requires patience, exercise and perseverance. It may even last a few weeks for you to fully adapt to dentures. Do not become discouraged by friends or relatives who tell you that it was either easy, or difficult to accommodate to. Each person is unique and reacts differently.
- At the beginning, dentures can determine an increasing quantity of saliva. After a few days, it goes back to normal. Eat soft foods during the first few days and cut into small pieces to chew with the back teeth. Avoid biting with the front teeth because the denture will detach, at the back
- During the first week it is recommended to wear the dentures both at day and night, in order to accommodate to them quicker. Then, at night you can leave the dentures in a special box.
- Clean the dentures very well after each meal. Use a toothbrush and toothpaste or soap. There are special products for a more profound cleaning of the dentures, which you can find in a pharmacy. Respect the instructions attentively and rinse with a lot of water.
- The new dentures can constrain the gum, just as a new shoe does in its case. Small adjustments, performed by the dentist, will be necessary. Wear the dentures 12 hours prior to the doctor appointment, in order to identify the issue precisely.
- Be optimistic! Only by being confident and perseverant you will manage to overcome the most difficult period, that from the beginning, and you will feel the dentures as if they were always there.
Partial and total dentures:
The dentures are mobile artificial works, uncemented in the mouth, and can be removed anytime the patient wishes to. They have a pink base, like the gum’s colour, onto which the acrylic artificial teeth made of composite or ceramics are made.
Teeth gaskets have different sizes, shapes and colours. These are chosen according to the patient’s face shape, or to the existent natural teeth, or to a photo from when there were natural teeth.
There are different types of partial dentures (when natural teeth still exist) or total (when all teeth are lost):
- Partially acrylic dentures: use the existent teeth and bone as a support, onto which wire hooks are hung. They are made of acrylic materials.
- Partial scheletic dentures: use special fastening systems: studs, backside, stud bar, telescope. They are made largely of metal and a little acrylate. Their advantages are the increased stability, the comfort as they are being worn, the superior aesthetics and the increased mechanic resistance. The price is higher and it requires the presence of a greater number of natural teeth with a good embedding and a balanced arrangement on the arcades.
- Partial or total dentures supported by implants- this type offers extra mainstay, however there is a need for dental implants previously inserted in the bone. The number of implants, necessary to sustain the denture is a minimum of 2, and the choice is done according to each patient’s particularities.